Home My Etsy Shop

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Holidays!

I hope you had a nice Christmas, Hannukah or whatever you might celebrate at this time of year! We had a very nice Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my mom. Ate a lot of good food and just relaxed. I'll share some of the good recipes I found. It was a nice Christmas! I haven't been doing many blog posts lately, but hopefully that will change.

Since we had to spread out the vacation time in my office, I worked on 12/24 and 12/26. But now I'm off until January 2nd. Six days at home to do mostly just whatever I want! And I'm already accumulating quite a list of things I want to do. I plan to go to the fitness center three times while I'm off (went once this morning) to make up for the few pounds I've gained. I love to bake and make sweets around the holidays. It's really about the only time I do it. But it's been taking its toll on me!

And I stayed up way too late last night working on a new background and header for my blog. I just discovered digital scrapbooking and I've been having fun creating my blog layout that way. I'm pretty obsessed with that so I'll be working on that today. Check back soon to see if I've been successful with the change yet or not.

Here's my list of things to do. I doubt I'll do all this in 6 days, but we'll see how far I get.

1. Go to the fitness center 3 times
2. Update my blog layout
3. Finish the 1000-piece Christmas jigsaw puzzle I started on Christmas Day
4. Wrap gifts for two local friends that I wasn't able to get together with before Christmas
5. Clean up wrapping paper and ribbon mess in my craft room, which became Wrapping Central.
6. Hang the clock I got for Christmas in my craft room
7. Frame and hang the prints I got for Christmas (from my Etsy wish list) in my craft room
8. Make earrings for a girl I work with to match the necklace I made for her
9. Make a pink bracelet to list on Etsy for breast cancer awareness ($10 of each breast cancer bracelet sale goes to Susan G. Komen)
10. Install my new Family Tree Maker software I got for Christmas (I have a VERY old release of it - should have been keeping up with the new releases as they came out)
11. List new items on Etsy that I've made but not yet listed
12. Start my scrapbook from our 2007 vacation (I have all the prints, scrapbook paper, album. My husband started having terrible back problems at the end of this vacation. A month later, he had back surgery. While he was recovering and I was doing much more around the house, I never had time to actually start the scrapbook, although right after vacation I had accumulated all the things I needed to get started.)
13. Look for frames for a couple prints I bought at a benefit auction in November to go in our basement
14. Mat and frame an old wedding picture of my in-laws. I have the frame and the mat board. I bought a mat cutter two or three years ago and have matted a few things. Just need to get this done now.
15. I never completed all the posts I had intended to do on my basement craft room. I wanted to do one on my furniture and my storage. Hopefully, I'll get at least one of those done.
16. And I still have more red yarn for scarves if there's time to do anything else in 6 days! (See HeartScarves post)

Putting this in writing will help me to get it done! And I'm a list person, so I like checking things off lists. I'll publish my list the night of January 1st with the completed items checked off.

Well, I'd better go look into my HTML and learn more about Cascading Style Sheets so I can get my blog updated. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment