Home My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Finished My Scrapbook

My Finished Scrapbook
Last weekend, I finished my vacation scrapbook from 2007 that I started while I took time off around Christmas. I like to take lots of pictures while on vacation and I like to put a lot of them in my scrapbooks because it's fun to look back and remember all the things we did and places we saw. This scrapbook has 39 12 X 12 pages and 128 photos. Plus post cards, ticket stubs, brochures, etc.

I've just recently discovered digital scrapbooking, but I like having scrapbooks with real stuff in them, like little tropical drink umbrellas and the real items we picked up while on vacation. Plus, I had already ordered all the prints I wanted to include in my scrapbook and bought all the paper. Since I've been having fun playing with digital scrapbooking, I made my labels, tags and did my journalling using digital embellishments, printing them then putting them in my scrapbook.

Digital Embellishment
Here are a couple of the items I included in my book. Our vacation took us to Wisconsin and Chicago. My husband and I went to Northwestern University in Evanston, which we visited while on vacation. I found some NU images online that I added to my scrapbook. And the second image I created using this lace and paper clip embellishment that I had found previously. So I got to do a little more digitally, which I had fun doing, and still produced my "regular" type of scrapbook.

Digital Embellishment
A few years ago, I had found some big plastic pockets with holes to go over scrapbook posts that were suitable for holding brochures and other memorabilia. I bought a 3-pack at Archiver's and have now used them all up. Archiver's no longer carries them. They were perfect for storing extra "stuff" in my scrapbook. I spent a few minutes looking online for this sort of thing and need to spend more time doing so. If anyone knows where to get something like this, won't you please leave me a comment and let me know? I would appreciate it!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing more exciting than starting and finishing a scrap page. I enjoyed yours

    ReplyDelete