Home My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Basil and Flowers

I guess I'd forgotten how busy spring and high school baseball season are! The blog posts just aren't happening as often as I'd like.

I hope all you moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day! I enjoyed my Mother's Day. We had my mom over for dinner and had a nice, relaxing evening. Here's a picture of the pretty flowers my husband gave me on Friday to start out my weekend. They're just starting to open a little more and are still very pretty!

My Mother's Day flowers

I love fresh basil! This is the third year I've planted basil seeds. I planted them maybe three weeks ago or so. Here are all my little plants! They grow pretty quickly...before you know it, I'll be needing to put them in bigger pots. I need to try to put them out on my deck when they get bigger. Maybe I'll try with a pot or two and make sure the squirrels and raccoons don't eat them. Otherwise, my basil will take over my kitchen windows and window sills again this year!

My basil plants

My son had a baseball game Friday night and two on Saturday. We won all three of those games and the varsity record is now 14-5. It's been a pretty good year for them! Last night were the spring sports awards at school.

Tonight I had a night off to work on my cabochon projects before I go to class tomorrow. The instructor wasn't available last week, so it's been two weeks since my class. I'm ready for another class...they're so much fun!

And I had some exciting news this evening...I was contacted by someone who is interested in buying 12 of my Team Spirit Bracelets from my Etsy shop for their soccer team. I sure hope this purchase happens...business has been rather slow for me after the first of the year. This would be very nice!

Team Spirit Bracelet

I only have a few yarn ends to weave into my sweater and I'll be ready to show pictures of it. And hopefully I'll have lots of progress at tomorrow's jewelry class. And Friday's my day off...I'm ready for that! Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment