Home My Etsy Shop

Saturday, May 16, 2009

New Sweater!

Here's my new sweater! I finished joining all the pieces together last weekend. I spent some of my Mother's Day weaving in the ends and just finished doing that last night. So now I have a completed sweater. It really went pretty fast, although you wouldn't know that by how long ago I started it!

Here's a picture of my new sweater.

My new sweater
And here's a picture of me wearing my new sweater. The sleeves are kind of big, but at least it's got plenty room to go over other sleeves! I'll probably either take it to work so I'll have something to put on when it gets too chilly at my desk or just wear it around the house. We have one room in the house that is a little too cool when the air conditioner is on. It would be great to have something like this to pull on as needed. I'll have to decide where to keep my sweater...
Mary Ann wearing her new sweater
And then I'll have to decide which of the sweaters in my book I should try next. I want to learn to shape the back neckline and I think there's a sweater in the book that teaches you how to do that. So until then, that's my knitting update!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty sweater! And so neat that you made it, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Cardigans! They are so much more versatile than a pullover type sweater you can have it open, closed, belted, pined with a decorative pin. It looks really great and rather smart too!

    Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! I really like this type, well done.

    ReplyDelete