Home My Etsy Shop

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Basil

My basil has been growing and growing! Pretty soon it will be taking over my kitchen, as it has the last couple years. It's getting a little leggy and probably past time to transplant. This evening, I started transplanting my little basil plants to their own containers. I didn't get too far along yet, but I have transplanted 12 plants. Hopefully, I'll be able to do more tomorrow.

I just love using fresh basil! One of our favorite side dishes is a salad of sliced tomatoes topped with a slice of fresh mozzarella. Cut slivers of fresh basil to sprinkle on top, then pour some balsamic vinaigrette over the top. It's best if it can sit for 10 or 15 minutes before eating to let the balsamic vinaigrette soak in. Yum!

Basil before transplantingHere are all my little plants before transplanting. They've grown a lot since this previous photo. There are also fewer plants. Whenever my mom, my basil and I are in the same place, I give 3 or 4 plants to her.

Transplanted basilAnd here are my dozen plants after transplanting. Do you think they have any idea they will eventually be eaten?

1 comment:

  1. Shh don't tell them , they will wither in fear! LOL

    Thanks for your email :)

    ReplyDelete