Home My Etsy Shop

Friday, June 19, 2009

New Starfish Pendants

Hello, again! I finally made my remaining Swarovski starfish pendants today. I'll be listing them very soon in my Etsy shop. I had already made the pretty bluish colored one (Indicolite shade). Today I made the crystal AB, Golden Shadow and Silk ones, shown from left to right at the top of the photo.

New Swarovski Starfish Pendants


I really try to create new posts often, but it's hard for me during the summer with my son's baseball schedule. He plays on a travel team. I spent the first half of this week in Omaha for a tournament. Joe's team went to a college world series game Monday afternoon, but my husband and I went to lunch in the Old Market area then checked out some of the galleries and shops instead of going to the college game. (We went to two or three games last year - lots of fun!) The Old Market is a fun area in Omaha to explore. We found a great flea market and antique shop there, too, and I came home with several finds. You never know what you'll find in a flea market type of shop!

This flea market was very well organized. Lots of similar types of items arranged together. I found the Christmas area and hadn't even thought about looking for vintage ornaments for my wreaths. I found some boxes of ornaments at great prices, so of course I had to snatch those up so I can make more wreaths for gifts this year.

I'm always looking for more jewelry display ideas and I saw this great photo holder with lots of loopy wire that would be great for holding earrings. This doesn't look old, but I couldn't resist. At $15, it will hold a lot of earrings at my next jewelry open house.Photo holder earring display

When my new craft room was finished a little over a year ago, I found a bunch of cute little bottles that I use for storing beads. Bead storage in old bottles
Ever since then, I've been interested in small old bottles. I found an old milk bottle on Tuesday at this market and couldn't resist adding it to my collection. Old milk bottle
On the bottle, it says "A bottle of milk is a bottle of health". You just don't see sayings like that any more!A bottle of milk is a bottle of health

And my husband was actually the inspiration for this last purchase. There were baskets of old chandelier crystals, sorted by size. He saw them first and wondered if I could use them as pendants in jewelry. While I thought that was a great idea, I started with six of the smaller ones to try first in a bracelet. So that will be an upcoming project - my chandelier crystal bracelet. Watch for it someday...can't promise when. Chandelier crystals


So the shopping and exploring Old Market was a lot of fun, but I enjoyed Joe's baseball, too. Our team won our first three games to be one of the top four teams competing for the chamionship. We won our next game and moved on to the championship game. This championship game was a very high scoring game. Our team got off to a pretty bad start. We were trailing by 12 runs at one time, but we came back and only lost by two runs, 16-14, for second place. Here's a photo of our team. (Click to enlarge.) My son Joe is the fourth red shirt from the right in the back row, the one with little hair. (He keeps it really short in the summer.) I'm biased, but I think they're a really good team!
Natural Baseball 18U team - 2nd place at Omaha tournament

No comments:

Post a Comment