Home My Etsy Shop

Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Bead Shop Purchases

Here are the purchases I made at a couple bead shops that I visited on my baseball trips.

I went to the Eyebeads Gemstones shop in the Old Market area of Omaha, just to look. They had TONS of beads – many semi-precious stones in every color imaginable. While they had a lot of pretty beads, there was nothing I really needed at the time. I was on my way out, chatting with one of the ladies working in the store, when I spotted something really different. This is a boulder opal. I had never seen anything like this before. They had several to choose from in different shapes, sizes and colors. I chose this one to use in a necklace. The photos show the front and the back of the stone.

Boulder Opal - frontBoulder Opal - back





The other bead shop I visited was Beadazzled in Wichita, KS. This shop was filled with jewelry made from lampwork beads and also loose beads. The owner of the shop makes all the beads herself. She had a lot of very pretty jewelry, which I enjoyed looking at, but I’d really rather buy the beads and make something myself. I decided on these flat beads with solid color spacers. I had trouble capturing the purples, greens and browns in the first photo, but you can get a better idea of the pretty colors in the closeup photo.

Set of lampwork beads
Lampwork beads - close-up
I’ll post pictures of my finished jewelry when I get it made, but wanted to share my bead finds now.

No comments:

Post a Comment