Home My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Beaded Belt

I ran into a friend and former co-worker at the grocery store a few weeks ago. She told me her son was getting married later in August and it would be a less formal outdoor wedding. The color scheme is red, white and blue. My friend had an outfit to wear but she wanted a beaded belt to match. She described some belts she had seen that also included lengths of chain. She hadn’t found a belt yet so I told her I would look into making her one.

I looked at beaded belts online to get some ideas and found a wide variety of them. I did see quite a few that were made of beads and chain and it looked like they would be simple to make. After the baseball tournaments came to an end, I headed off to Michael’s to see what kind of beads and chain I could find. I bought a couple kinds of chain and two types of beads and was ready to play. Here’s the belt I came up with. I showed it to my friend this evening and she liked it. I need to make a minor adjustment to the size, but she showed me her outfit (a pretty navy tiered skirt, either a red or a white nice tee shirt and a white short sleeved jacket) and I thought the belt went nicely with the outfit, especially the red tee shirt.

Red, white and blue beaded belt
I liked the way this turned out. I have an outfit that I’ve decided would be perfect with a beaded belt. I need to shop for beads for my own future belt now. And I’ll make at least one more using the other set of beads and chain I bought and see if beaded belt buyers shop on Etsy! This was a fun project to do and I don't think I would have thought about making a beaded belt if I hadn't stopped at the grocery store on my way home from work that one evening!

1 comment:

  1. i looked at beaded belts they designed very nicely....their colour combination is very good,i like it very much.


    samantha.Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete