Home My Etsy Shop

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Crystal Jewelry, Quilt Update and Future Project

My latest Etsy sale was this crystal necklace.

Crystal Confetti Necklace
A while back, I decided to accept money orders as payment in my shop, but not checks. I was not aware that at checkout time, it appears to the buyer that if you accept money orders, you also accept checks. I sent her an email to make sure she realized I only accepted money orders, but she had already put a check in the mail to me. I think I have decided to accept both checks and money orders. She gave me some good feedback on the checkout process and buying online. To make up for the confusion at checkout and to thank her for her feedback, I made a pair of earrings to go with the necklace and sent them along with her order. I hope she likes them! I also made a couple other similar pairs that I will be listing in my shop soon.

Crystal earrings

And an update on my tee shirt quilt...Today I planned my border, backing and binding. I went to JoAnn's and bought a denim for the backing and some gold and green small prints for the border and binding. I like to pre-wash my quilt fabrics, so I still need to do that. But then I will be all ready to move on!

And while at JoAnn's, I managed to purchase materials for a future project...a skirt. I love to sew but I don't do it very often any more. All this sewing on my quilt has reminded me how much I enjoy it. And since I haven't seen many skirts I like in the stores lately, every time I walk into JoAnn's, I always notice the display right by the door of some lovely floral sheer prints. They always make me think of a pretty lined skirt. And ever since I made this bracelet, I've been thinking I need something to wear with the bracelet. The display had many purply-mauvey colored prints. So I broke down and bought a skirt pattern (boy, have pattern prices gone up!), my favorite of the floral prints (30% off!) and a lining fabric. I won't let myself start this until the quilt is all the way done. I wish I didn't do this to myself...I have a long enough project list as it is without adding another thing to it. But I'm looking forward to having a skirt out of this pretty fabric!

My new skirt fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment