Home My Etsy Shop

Friday, August 7, 2009

My New Bracelet

It’s kind of nice to be getting back on my old schedule again, i.e. baseball travelling is over! If you’ve read some of my earlier posts, you may know that I work a 9X80 schedule (80 hours in 9 days) and get every other Friday off. Today was my first Friday off that I have been in town in a couple months. I try to spend my Fridays off doing what I want and not housework or laundry or anything like that. I’ve worked on a couple projects today - the big T-shirt quilt project I started some time ago and making my bracelet using the beads I bought in Wichita.

I bought these beads when I had some free time between baseball games in Wichita. Last night I looked through my spacers for some silver that would work with the beads and I strung everything on a piece of wire to see how it would look. I liked it just the way it was, so today all I had to do was find a clasp and put it all together.

I've been seeing more and more jewelry that uses a variety of beads or spacers and doesn't have everything match. I had a couple types of spacers of which I only had two left, so I decided to try using three types of silver beads. It was a great way to use up small quantities of beads and I liked the way it looked.

Here are a couple photos of my finished product. It’s really hard to get all the pretty colors in these beads to show up in a picture, but hopefully you can see just how pretty and colorful these beads are.
Bracelet with lampwork beads
Bracelet with lampwork beads
Coming soon, pictures of the beaded belt I made and an update on my T-shirt quilt.

2 comments:

  1. it looks very pretty.....i will be very happy if i have this one so please can you give me some more details regarding this bracelet.


    samantha.



    Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha,
    This is my own personal bracelet and is not for sale. If you can provide me with your contact information, I will be happy to work with you to make a similar bracelet for you. You can email me at prizedpossessions@kc.rr.com. Or go to my Etsy shop and leave me a convo. Looking forward to hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete