Home My Etsy Shop

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Getting Ready for Halloween

Well, once again I’ve managed to get behind in my blog posts. Last week was an incredibly busy week for me and I’m just getting caught up. Unfortunately, I spent a couple days flying to Dallas and back for the funeral of an aunt. Right after that, we went to a wedding in town for my cousin’s son. I spent some time with other relatives that were in town for the wedding, too. By the end of last weekend, I was ready just to rest! (But of course, I didn’t!)

Now I am gearing up for Halloween. I’m really looking forward to Halloween being on a weekend. Plenty of time to celebrate in style! My bat wreath got me in the Halloween mood. Now I’m planning other spooky decorations. I have bookmarked tons of web sites that contain food and decorating ideas. Martha Stewart has many great ideas for Halloween. I decided to share some of my favorite spooky finds with you today.

First, take this quiz to determine your Halloween decorating style. I learned that my style is Fright-Inducing. The perfect style for Halloween!

Some of my favorite decorating ideas:
Black paper mice templates
Clothespin bats
Ghosts of Halloween
Tombstones
Scary silhouette curtains

Entertaining ideas:
Party drinks
More drinks
Wine bottle labels
More labels
Even more labels
Glasses
Eerie punch bowl - page all the way to the bottom
Sound effects
Music - click on the underlined track listings to hear samples


I hope you will check out these great Halloween ideas and that you will find some to help make your Halloween just a little scarier! If you know of any great Halloween ideas or web sites, please leave them in a comment for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment