Home My Etsy Shop

Monday, September 14, 2009

Halloween Wreath

When I went to Michael's yesterday to get a couple things for my ornament wreaths, I had to pass through the Halloween section, of course. Since I've been kind of into wreaths this year (see Valentine's, St. Patrick's, Easter wreaths), I was looking for materials that would make a good Halloween wreath. I found some really interesting garland - black with purple holographic bats - that I thought would look pretty cool on a wreath. I looked around for the least expensive wreath form I could find. I didn't want to use the $1.99 straw one. The $1.99 grapevine wreath that was on sale was a good deal but was bigger than I wanted. So I settled on this wire form for $2 and some change.Wire wreath form
This has got to be the fastest wreath I've made yet. Just wrapped my 12-foot piece of garland around this 12-inch wreath form. I didn't even glue it down because I was thinking about reusing the form for a different wreath to save on storage space. (All these wreaths are starting to take up a lot of storage space!) I probably won't reuse it - I'll just keep this wreath as is and start a second storage container of wreaths.

Here is my wreath
Halloween wreath
and a closeup of the cute shiny bats!
Bats on Halloween wreath
I might think about adding a purple bow. The wreath is hanging on my craft room wall already. I'll live with it a bit then decide on the bow.

If you need a quick Halloween decoration, give this a try. Super fast and easy! And now I've got my eye on some pretty fall garland for the next seasonal wreath I make!

No comments:

Post a Comment