Home My Etsy Shop

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Quilt Update

I'm making progress on my quilt. During the week, I found a little time on a few evenings to finally finish up adding 'JOE' to one of the filler blocks - spelling JOE with trim I removed from old uniforms. J-O-E from trim
I also used some of the trim to outline the top and bottom of this lighter yellow block so it would show up better in the 'A'. More use of trim
Today was a gorgeous fall day but after some rain last night, Joe's two baseball games, about 1.5 hours away, were rained out. So I had a lot more time today to work on my quilt than I had thought. This morning, I added the green border. This afternoon, I pieced my denim backing. I have the quilt top, backing and batting all laid out now and am ready to pin it together so I can start quilting. It's getting there...
Backing, batting and top layered for pinning

No comments:

Post a Comment