Home My Etsy Shop

Monday, November 23, 2009

Holiday Open House and Vintage Ornaments

I had a nice day today at my holiday open house. I took some pictures that I will try to post very soon. Unfortunately, the flash on my camera stopped working. I just got a new Droid phone that has a great camera. I took pictures with that but still need to learn what to do with them! We had a smaller turnout than last year, but Jana and I still both made some sales. And we had a very nice time visting with all who came. This gets me into the Christmas spirit, having put up Christmas decorations and playing Christmas music all afternoon.

And I'll have to show some pictures of the vintage ornaments I got yesterday. I got about 300 more ornaments! I found someone on craigslist who was selling 45 ornaments for $20. I thought that was a great price after what I've seen them for in flea markets and antiques shops. I was able to contact the seller and go get the ornaments Saturday. I was very pleased with them...most were not just plain balls, but ones with multiple colors, some sort of design on them, different shapes, etc. Definitely worth the price! But then I went by a garage sale not too far from my ornament seller's house. I also found this on craiglist. It was a woman who had a shop and was closing it. She had a lot of great items for sale, much vintage stuff. I would have liked to look around more but I was on a mission to find ornaments! She had many boxes with 10 to 12 ornaments per box for one dollar a box. I bought all of them. And she had three big baskets of individual ornaments, 15 for one dollar. I asked how much if I bought them all and she said she would give them to me for five dollars! It was a great deal! My trunk was practically full of ornaments. Now I have plenty of ornaments to make some wreaths for gifts this year and I think I'll make some to try to sell. Now I just have to figure out where to store all these ornaments! But at least I have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment