Home My Etsy Shop

Sunday, November 29, 2009

New wreaths

I hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving! I had a wonderful day with 90 family members on my mom's side! Once a year her family gets together and it's always a lot of fun.

The cousins have a gift exchange each year. I wasn't terribly original as far as gift ideas went this year. Since I had just bought all those wonderful vintage ornaments the Saturday before Thanksgiving, I decided to make another wreath, even though that was the gift I took last year. Here's a photo of wreath #6 that I took to the gift exchange. Wreath number 6 for my cousin gift exchange

Yesterday I went to a couple local antique malls/flea markets to look for some striped ornaments and other ornaments that were not just plain round glass balls. I always include a dozen or so fancier ornaments in the top layer of my wreaths and I wanted to find more to add to my stash. I walked into the Waldo Flea Market in Kansas City and the man who greeted me at the door asked me if I was looking for anything in particular. When I told him I was looking for vintage ornaments, he said he had been unpacking a box and found a bag of ornaments that he would give me. He had larger things in his booth and said he would probably just break these ornaments anyway. I offered to pay him and he told me no, just take the ornaments and remember his booth. It was a bag of 15 blue ornaments. That was a nice surprise to be given these ornaments! I found my other "fancy" ornaments that I was looking for and I also found some plain ones for a good price in some different colors, such as a deep copper color, a pearly white and a deep wine color. Boxes of six ornament for $2.25 - a great price!

Tonight I made wreath number 7 that I will be giving as a Christmas present. Here's a picture. Wreath number 7

It's been a busy weekend. I sold all my calendars on Thanksgiving very quickly and need ten more. I've never sold that many. Thirty-five is usually enough. Yesterday I ordered ten more. I'll post more of my calendar pages soon.

Today I went to see Wicked in downtown KC. I had never seen it before and really enjoyed. And I needed to adjust the size of a bracelet that I sold on Thanksgiving. I took my jewelry with me on Thanksgiving and sold almost as much to my cousins as I did at my open house last week! There just always seems to be something to do!

I've said this before, but I do hope to post to my blog more often. Now that my family calendar is complete and Thanksgiving is over, I don't have deadlines looming over me. Well, not unless you count Christmas shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment