Home My Etsy Shop

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Too Many Crafts, Not Enough Time

When my son was younger, he played just about every sport imaginable. He had a tee shirt that was great for him. It said, “Too many sports, not enough time”. That’s the way I feel about crafts. This afternoon I finally took a class I’ve been wanting to take for a long time. It has never quite worked out in the past. I took a soldered charms class at the Bead Shop in Overland Park, KS. I loved it! I came home with three charms. Plus a soldering iron and all the things I need to make more charms. As if I needed something different to work on! But I can’t wait to get started!

We had a lot of materials to choose from to use in our charms - greeting cards, scrapbook paper, wrapping paper, books, sheets of small images, stick-on scrapbooking letters...The hardest part was deciding what to use! Here are the charms I made.

Here are the two sides of one charm. This one is a one-inch square. First side of my first charm
Second side of my first charm
Here are the two side of my next charm. It is one inch on the long side and a little under an inch in width. First side of my next charm
Other side of my next charm
And here is my Santa charm. The instructor called this piece of glass a bubble. It was hard to photograph because the bubble is iridescent and reflects a lot of light. This was the best angle I could find to show the most of the Victorian Santa.
Victorian Santa bubble charm
Tomorrow will be one of those days where I pick my clothes to go with my jewelry. I want to wear my new "M" pendant. Now all I have to do is finish the dozens of things on my to do list so I can take up my newest hobby...

No comments:

Post a Comment