Home My Etsy Shop

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring at Last!

When I got home from work yesterday, the sun was still shining and it was close to 80 degrees! The weather became very nice this week – quite different from two Saturdays ago when it snowed all day! I had a lot of purple crocuses that were blanketed by the snow. When the snow melted, the blooms were gone. I wish I had photographed them. But yesterday, I noticed some of my spring bulbs coming up and thought they would make some very nice pictures.

I love hyacinths! They smell so good. And they remind me of the year, when I was in grade school sometime, when my dad sent me a potted hyacinth for Valentine’s Day. My mom got flowers, too, but I had my very own. It’s the only time I ever remembering him doing that, but I still remember how my whole bedroom smelled of hyacinths. It was wonderful!
white hyacinth
This white one is looking pretty good. The pink one was almost all the way open. And you can see other pink ones that have barely started to open in the background.
pink hyacinth
And my daffodils are just getting ready to open. They are all still very green-looking, but they are so close! I love daffodils, too!
partially opened daffodil bloom
We had such a long, dreary, snowy winter in the Kansas City area that it is very nice to think that maybe, just maybe, spring is finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment