Home My Etsy Shop

Monday, May 31, 2010

Beaded Belt

Graduation is over. We had a beautiful night for an outdoor ceremony Saturday night. Went to one party yesterday (skipped the second one) and actually had a little extra time on my hands during this long weekend. So I decided to make my belt.

Last August, a friend told me she had been looking for a beaded belt to go with a red, white and blue outfit of hers. She hadn't found anything and wondered if I could make something for her. I had never made a belt before, but ended up with the one in this post.

Not long afterward, I bought the beads for my own belt. But then I got busy with my tee shirt quilt, the holidays came along, all the overtime at work, baseball season, my graduation party...Needless to say, I never made my belt. So this was the project I decided on yesterday when I wanted to make something for myself. I started it yesterday and finished it this morning. And I'll probably wear it to work tomorrow! I have plenty of extra beads so I might think about a matching bracelet and/or earrings. But at least I have the belt finished now!
My new beaded belt
Here's a closeup of the beads. Some of them look a little brownish in the light in this photo. They're really a very pretty light purple shade, kind of amethyst-colored. Belt closeup

No comments:

Post a Comment