Home My Etsy Shop

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Last Week's Customer Appreciation Night

Not long ago, I was spending time getting ready to participate in my hair salon's Customer Appreciation Night on 5/12. They served wine and appetizers and invited quite a few vendors to come sell their wares during the event. I was fortunate to be asked to sell my jewelry. Unfortunately, we had a lot of rain that day and a tornado watch during the event, so not a lot of customers came. I sold a bracelet and a pair of earrings, bought a cute top from the lady in the space next to mine and met some nice and interesting people there, so it was still a very enjoyable evening. And the salon owner decided she would have individual sellers set up in the lobby area on Thursdays, so when the hectic activity around graduation calms down, I'll have to work out a good Thursday to give this a try. If you're a customer of Cutting Loose Salon in Overland Park, KS, schedule your hair appointments on Thursdays and check out the vendors!

Here are photos of my jewelry display.
My tabletop jewelry display
My countertop jewelry display

The last time I got my hair cut, my stylist Linda told me that the photographer who did Joe's senior portraits would also be a vendor there that night. He is also one of her clients. I knew I would see him there but I was surprised to learn that he was displaying one of Joe's portraits that night. The baseball photo on the easel is my son. (I should have asked that lady standing there to move to get her reflection out of my photo!) We loved the way this photo turned out. Scott, of J Scott Photography, wanted to do a photo at a ball park with the lights on in the background. Quite by accident, all the pieces fell into place for some great shots. We went to a nearby baseball complex one weekday evening last fall. Some games were going to be starting up soon. The lights were coming on and we found an empty field to use before an adult kickball game was to get started! Scott took a lot of shots that turned out great. The sun was setting and clouds were moving in and the sky looked very nice. And we just lucked out, too, with the timing. Before we left, the kickball game had been cancelled due to the weather and very soon it was raining. We couldn't have timed it any better!Joe's portrait

2 comments:

  1. That is a stunning photo! How precious! sorry your event has such challenges, but practice makes perfect :-) Good Luck on the Thursday venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, Midnight! Love your name...I can certainly relate to it. :-)

    ReplyDelete