Home My Etsy Shop

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Denim Quilt

Denim Quilt
I have an aunt who makes a ton of quilts. She made one for my son’s graduation. It’s all denim jeans pieces on the front and the backing is a plaid flannel. What makes it even more special is the fact that it includes an old pair of my son’s jeans – very old. Size 3! Can you see the little jeans on the bottom left side and top left? These are his jeans. I used to give the clothes he outgrew to my cousin (her daughter) for her son, who is a couple years younger than mine. I guess she somehow got an old pair of these jeans from my cousin. So that’s kind of fun to have his little jeans in the quilt! She embroidered the names of the schools he attended, in the appropriate school colors, on the quilt, too. And then she put candy in the pockets of the jeans to add even more fun to the gift.

Here are more photos of this wonderful quilt!
Top half of quilt
Bottom half of quilt with backing
School names embroidered on quilt

6 comments:

  1. That is a GREAT idea... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to post a photo of the quilt this aunt made for me...I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt and a great way to reuse denim jeans and a great memory quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I make purses and tote bags from jeans and skirts so this would be great to use the left over parts but not cut imto all those little squares. hhuumm

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is clever!!! I have ssen quilt made out of denim but they were pieded blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your Aunt has inspired people to attempt to make a quilt out of used denim jeans. Give your Aunt a hug from us and tell her thank you for the beautiful eye candy.

    ReplyDelete