Home My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Seed Bead Bracelet and Earrings

OK. The college move is over. We got my son settled and we kept very busy for a couple days, going to estate sales and even a hotel liquidation warehouse. Craigslist is great! We got some great buys to furnish the apartment. But when things slowed down and when it was time to drive away and leave my one and only child behind, things got kind of hard. So now I’m home in my empty-nest house…I have plenty of ways to keep busy. Like catch up on all my blog posts. But this is going to take some getting used to.

Here’s a photo of the bracelet and earrings I made for myself during my “make stuff for myself to cheer up” phase before leaving for school. These are made with two colors of size 11 seed beads. I got the instructions in the February 2010 Bead & Button magazine.
Seed Bead Bracelet and Earrings
There are variations for stringing together the beaded flowers to make three different bracelets. I came up with the earring design (not too hard to do) myself. This was a fun little pattern to stitch. If you’ve got a couple colors of seed beads handy, you might want to give something like this a try!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there!!! I was looking for new patterns and instructions. I absolutely LOVE it. I used to do a lot of seed beading as a kid and got too busy. I've fallen I'll and I'm glad I have this to do! I just love it so I was wondering if you would be so kind to email it to me. Rhapsodyinblue60@gmail.com.

    Thank you kindly,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete