Home My Etsy Shop

Monday, August 9, 2010

Seed Bead Bracelet

Hello! I'm back! My summer turned much too busy to keep up with my blog posts. I haven't kept up with much at all lately. After my trip to Omaha, I was out of town four straight weekends for baseball tournaments. And by weekend I mean Thursday through Sunday. All four of those weeks, my son's team lost in the semifinals, so we played a lot of games. The three days I actually went to work each week, I worked some pretty long days. After baseball ended, we went to college orientation. And we've started shopping for all the stuff needed for college, so that is keeping me busy, too.

But now I've got blog catching up to do. I managed to fit in some additional beaded ornaments at home. I bought some new beads in Wichita that I will show you. I've been working on a knitted belt. And recently, I've been doing some beading for myself. To cheer myself up over my son going away, I've been making things for ME!

I always mark the projects in my bead magazines that I'd like to make someday. I've been taking some of my magazines on trips with me and marking the interesting projects in the magazines I hadn't yet marked. I picked out some of those recently marked projects and have made three of them so far.

Here are some pictures of the bracelet I made from size 11 seed beads. It was in the June/July 2010 issue of Beadwork magazine. It uses four colors of size 11 seed beads and is stitched in circular peyote. I made it in two evenings. It was fun and easy. Bracelet made with size 11 seed beads in circular peyote
Closeup of one round bracelet component
Bracelet as it looks on my wrist
Bracelet clasp

No comments:

Post a Comment