Home My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Table Runner - Finished!

I finished my table runner last night. I like the way it turned out. I made it in response to the tutorial that I referenced in an earlier post, at u-createcrafts.com. I picked my fabrics to match my dining room wallpaper. Here's a photo of my finished runner.Finished table runner
And here's a closeup.Tablerunner closeup
The backing fabric I used is a piece I had left over from my dining room window treatments and chair seats. Table runner backing
When we bought this house, they had very pretty swags on the window, but they were pink. We repapered the room and I took apart the pink swags to use as a pattern to make these mauve ones. I bought enough fabric to have the chair seats upholstered. You can see part of a chair on the far right of the photo below.
Table runner in dining room
In the tutorial for the table runner is a separate tutorial for the binding. It was great! There were three tips in it that I loved. 1. Joining the two ends of the binding was very easy and looks great. I've never done it like this before and hope I always remember this way! 2. Mitering the corners was a piece of cake. 3. Sewing over the pins, then having them there to use when folding the binding to the back side saved time. Check this out if you want an easy way to do binding!

Bummer. I just realized the deadline for getting my photo in was 8/30. I thought it was tonight. I finished the runner late last night then worked at home for an hour after that till after 11:30. Oh, well. Guess I'll just have to show my photos here!

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! Thank you for participating and sharing your gorgeous table runner with me...I love your purple and green theme going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great with your decor! Nice job! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete