Home My Etsy Shop

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Life Remains Busy!

Well, it's almost a week since my last blog post. I seem to have ups and downs of being good and not so good at consistent posting. Right when I think I'm on a roll, something changes. Even with Joe off at college, life remains busy. Over the Labor Day weekend, the weather here in the Kansas City area was gorgeous. My husband and I spent a lot of Saturday and Sunday working outside, trying to make up for a summer of totally neglecting the yard and plants and landscaping since we were never home. We replanted a lot of the ground cover on one side of our house that had become overgrown. My body has finally gotten over being sore from that! And I did buy some corn stalks, hay bales, mums and pansies for my fall decorating.

Sunday night, Joe came home from college for less than 24 hours. His roommate lives on the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. Joe went home with him for two days and had a great time tubing. We were glad to have time with him Sunday night and Monday.
Joe and me on Labor Day
Then there was too much overtime at work this week. And today my mother had cataract surgery on her first eye. We didn't think it was going to work out to do the surgery this week, but last night I found out it would. It's very good to have that out of the way. Tomorrow morning I'll take her for her follow up doctor's appointment.

It was a short week at work, but nevertheless, a very busy week overall! I'm ready for my weekend tomorrow! And hopefully I'll get caught back up on my blog posting, beading and all the other things I love to do!

Next big projects are new Halloween costumes for the Halloween party and the family calendar, which I have gotten a bit of a start on. Stay tuned for progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment