Home My Etsy Shop

Friday, September 3, 2010

More Christmas Ornaments

Here are more Christmas ornaments that I made toward the end of the summer. The ornament on the left is one that I made with a different variation of netting than what I had been doing. I wanted something different and the ornament on the left is what I ended up with. Two white ornaments with red and green beads
I always mark the projects and techniques that I want to try someday in my bead magazines. I had some of my magazines with me on one of our baseball trips this summer, as well as some ornaments and beads. I saw an article in the February 2010 Bead & Button magazine on Chevron Chains. I had never done this but it looked like a stitch that could be suited to round Christmas ornaments. I started the ornament on the right on one of our trips, I think maybe the one to Omaha, then finished it after I got home. I like the way it turned out. I hope I have time to make more ornaments similar to this one. The combinations of beads, colors and the ways you can do this stitch are endless! Chevron Chain was a fun stitch to do. I'll need to try it in a necklace someday!

I decided to try this next ornament because when I made so many beaded netting ornaments, I realized I really liked the way the bottom of the ornaments looked! It seemed too pretty to always have on the bottom side of an ornament. Here's a picture of the bottom of one of my ornaments.
Bottom of ornament made using beaded nettingI made two circles of netting then figured out how to attach them at the sides and bottom to make this ornament. I think it kind of looks like clear snowflakes on the sides of this ornament. Snowflake ornament

Soon I need to list all my ornaments on
Etsy. It will be that time again before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment