Home My Etsy Shop

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New Jewelry Display - Shutters

I'm always looking for new ways to display my jewelry. Not that I have too many opportunities to do so yet, other than my annual open house, but I need to be prepared! Some time ago, I thought that hanging earrings on the slats of shutters would be a good way to display a lot of earrings. And I could hang other hooks (like all the Christmas ornament hooks that are sometimes on my vintage ornaments) on the slats to hang bracelets, necklaces or Christmas ornaments, if I wanted to. So I started looking around for shutters. Like when I was at my favorite junk shop in Omaha.

Not long ago, I discovered a local shop online that I wanted to visit,
Vintage Market. There are two in town and the one closest to my house is only open the last Thursday through Sunday of the month. Sunday afternoon I made a trip there and I loved it! Different vendors sell their vintage items there. Most items were very reasonably priced. One of the types of things I was keeping my eye open for was jewelry display items. And then I saw them. These shutters. Old shutters for jewelry display
They were nicely painted white and in good shape, not too brand new looking but hardly beat up or anything. And then I saw the price tag - $12. I was more than willing to pay $12 for a pretty sizeable item that could provide a large display area. I thought the price was per shutter. And when I learned the price was for the PAIR of shutters, there was no doubt in my mind I would buy them. They're a little dusty, so they need some cleaning, but that's all they need. I'm looking forward to figuring out how to incorporate the shutters into my open house display in November. Of course, I'll have photos in November, if not sooner! Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great idea. I love it. Can't wait to see it all set up.

    ReplyDelete