Home My Etsy Shop

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I've done a post on these cute earrings before. (I can call them cute, because even though I make them, they weren't my idea.) Since it's October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I thought I should do another post. And today's a great day to do a post because of the $50 I just raised for Susan G. Komen.
Lisa's Earrings - Hot Pink
I won't go into all the details again here. If you click on this photo, you can go to my Etsy shop listing and read the story behind the earrings. Basically, I'm donating the materials for these earrings, selling them for $5 a pair and donating the $5 to Susan G. Komen. Today was a fun day because when I got home from work, I discovered an order for 8 pairs of earrings! $40 for Susan G. Komen in one day! So I commented on this on Facebook and got an order from a friend for another two pairs! I'm pretty excited about raising $50 in one day!

My first customer ordered 8 pairs because her husband's grandmother just had surgery for breast cancer. She is going to send earrings to her family all over the country and even in France, then get their pictures wearing the earrings and make a scrapbook for the grandmother. What an awesome idea! Good luck to Ami on her scrapbook. And my thoughts and prayers are with her husband's grandmother!

If you'd like to do something small for Susan G. Komen, how about donating $5 and getting a pair of earrings for your effort?

No comments:

Post a Comment