Home My Etsy Shop

Monday, October 18, 2010

New Black Jack-O-Lanterns

I used to carve really elaborate pumpkins, usually three, every Halloween. I would take pictures of them, put them in the windows around Halloween, then eventually I would have to throw them away.

When they started selling the fake pumpkins, I decided I would start carving these artificial pumpkins each year and add to my collection as time went on rather than throwing away my real pumpkins.

This year, I decided I would carve black pumpkins. Over the last few weeks, I had bought three black pumpkins at Michael's, all 50% off. My plan was to carve jack-o-lanterns to put on my hay bale by my front door. This last Saturday, I carved all three of my pumpkins. Here they are.New jack-o-lanterns

The two on the left are pretty simple compared to many of the ones I have done. The witch is a little more complex. I got all three of these patterns from BHG.com at this link. If you take a short quiz about your Halloween preferences, supposedly they will tailor the templates they show you according to those preferences. But there is a nice variety of templates that they have to offer. Check it out and show me your Halloween jack-o-lanterns in a comment to this post! I love to see what other people do with their pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment