Home My Etsy Shop

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Current Project

The November EtsyBloggers Blog Carnival topics are both about what inspires you. The choices of topics were

1) What item are you working on?? What is your inspiration for this piece??
2) What is always inspiring you for your shops, your works, or anything in your life??

I chose to answer the first question - what I'm working on and what my inspiration is.

My new project started when I was looking through an Archiver's ad that I got in the mail. I saw these great little printer trays, with lots of examples of photo displays that could be made using them. I then moved on to the Archiver's web site to look at the trays. Check it out here. And then take a look at their pages and pages of finished projects here. How can you not want one of these for your very own?

So I went to Archiver's and bought a tray. Since Halloween, I have been focused on nothing but my family calendar, trying to get it finished up before Thanksgiving. (I took it to the printer this evening. I recently learned of another new baby to include, bringing my total family members up to 173. I have 171 of those 173 people on the calendar!) With family on the mind, I decided to make a family themed tray.

Yesterday, on the way home from work, I stopped by Archiver's to find papers and embellishments that I could use in my tray. Last night, I started going through photos, trying to decide which ones I would use and what spot I would put them in. As I made decisions, I put a little slip of paper containing a description of the photo or embellishment in the compartment so I wouldn't forget what would go where. Since this post is about my current project and my current project isn't too far along yet, unfortunately the only photo I have of my work in progress is this one. Doesn't look like much yet, but I will post the finished project soon.Photo tray
As for the inspiration for the project...My initial inspiration came from the Archiver's ad and all the great examples I looked at online. But my real inspiration is my family. The fact that I've been working on my calendar a lot lately and that I will get to see my aunts, uncles and cousins at Thanksgiving kept my family in the front of my mind. It was not difficult to decide the theme for my tray once I decided I wanted to make one.

Check back soon to see my completed project!

No comments:

Post a Comment