Home My Etsy Shop

Friday, November 26, 2010

My Finished Printer's Tray

Hi! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I look forward to Thanksgiving each year because my mom's family gets together every year. We had a smaller turnout this year (only 81 people) than the last two years (91 and 93 people), but there's always plenty of great food and lots of time to visit with my relatives that I don't get to see very often.

I didn't want to say too much about the printer's tray project I was working on (see earlier post) in case any family members read it. This project was for the gift exchange I do with my cousins on Thanksgiving. Now that Thanksgiving is past, I'll show pictures of my project. I made two of these trays, each with the same photos and embellishments, one for my gift exchange and one to keep for myself. Since I have been doing my family calendars for several years now, I have accumulated quite a few old family photos that I incorporated into the tray. I have a wedding photo of my grandparents, along with a photo from their 50th anniversary. I included photos of both sets of great-grandparents and their families, the last photo when my mom and her nine siblings were together before my Aunt Agnes passed away last year and a Thanksgiving photo of those of my 35 cousins who were present a couple years ago. Four generations of family photos is kind of fun to look at! And I have some photos of my grandparents' house, barn, granary and the outhouse that I can still remember.

Here's a photo of my finished tray. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Whole photo tray
And here are some closeups of the various sections. Top left section of trayThe section above is the top left section. My grandma and grandpa are in the corner by the car. You can't see it, but the license plate on the car has the year "49" on it. Next to them is a photo of the farmhouse they lived in which burned down when I was in high school. The small ranch house they built in its place just was not quite the same. Next to the house photo is a picture of my grandpa with his parents and siblings. This section also includes the anniversary and wedding photos, along with individual photos of my grandparents when they were young.
Top right section of trayThe section above is the top right section. In the corner is my grandma, her parents and sisters. Below that is a photo of my cousins and me from a recent Thanksgiving. And below that is an earier photo of my grandpa and his siblings.
Bottom left section of trayThe bottom left section includes the last picture of my mom and all of her siblings from Thanksgiving 2008, another photo of my Grandpa, the granary and a section of the 1930 census record listing my grandparents, along with some of my aunts and uncles.
Bottom right section of trayThe bottom right section shows the barn and, last but not least, the old outhouse.

This was a fun project to work on. It's made me decide that I need to put all my photos in one place and do a family scrapbook. I've added this to my list of things to do in 2011! I'm just glad I paged through the Archiver's ad when I did and saw the trays and project ideas or I wouldn't have ended up with such a great gift for the gift exchange!

No comments:

Post a Comment