Home My Etsy Shop

Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Third Annual Mini Holiday Mart Open House

This afternoon I held another fun and successful holiday open house. My third one. This year Jana participated, who makes lovely soldered pendants and ornaments and glass pendants and earrings. This is Jana's third year to participate in my open house and every year, the work she brings with her is more lovely than the year before!
Jana's beautiful jewelry
My cousin Julie has been making fleece hats, along with some little ponchos and mittens, like crazy! All the pretty colors and patterns of fleece she uses made for a very pretty display. Julie's colorful fleece
Katie sold her pretty Christmas ornament wreaths and glass block Christmas decorations. With the bright lights in the glass blocks, it was hard to get a good focused photo.Katie's wreaths and glass block decorations
And I was selling my beaded jewelry and Christmas ornaments. My main jewelry displayMy earring shutters display

Since I hold this in my basement, I don't want to open it up to the public, but all the sellers who participate invite their friends and acquaintances. I'm not too big into Christmas in early November since I don't like to totally lose Thanksgiving, but today is the one day that I put out Christmas decorations and play holiday music to get into the Christmas shopping spirit. And I must say that doing this does help me get more into the Christmas mood each year. We have refreshments and plenty of time to visit with friends. And each vendor donates a door prize for a drawing that we hold at the end of the event.

It's a fun way to see what other people make, to socialize and to get into the Christmas spirit. I'd love to find a bigger place to hold this, invite more vendors, open it up to the public...Gotta start thinking about 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment