Home My Etsy Shop

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Favorite Christmas Recipe

The topic I chose for the December EtsyBloggers Blog Carnival is sharing my favorite holiday recipe and telling why it’s a favorite.

We create a different menu each year for our Christmas dinner, but the one item that has appeared on the menu every year for the last several years is Savory Herb Biscuits. I found this recipe in my Gooseberry Patch Christmas Book 2. These biscuits are very tasty and very easy to make.

SAVORY HERB BISCUITS
2 c. biscuit baking mix
1/2 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
2/3 c. milk
1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 c. butter or margarine, melted

Combine biscuit mix, cheese and milk until a soft dough forms. Beat vigorously for 30 seconds. Roll out dough to ½-inch thickness and cut with a star-shaped cookie cutter or drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Combine basil and garlic powder with melted butter and brush over hot biscuits after removing from oven. Makes 12 biscuits.

My son, who is now 19, was sometimes assigned the job of making these biscuits for our Christmas dinner. While he used to make them most years when he was younger, he still does occasionally when we can talk him into it. Not only do I like these biscuits because they are very good and very easy, but they always remind me of Christmas Day with the whole family pitching in to make our scrumptious dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment