Home My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fleece Jacket

During my time off work at Christmas, I found a pattern I liked for a cute reversible jacket (2-hour sewing time), McCall's pattern
bought some fleece at JoAnn at 50% off, Pink and brown fleece fabric
Brown fabric
found the McCall’s pattern at Hancock’s for 99 cents (they were out of my size at JoAnn) and made my cute jacket. Here is a picture. Fleece jacket
I like the way it turned out. It was easy to sew but it’s hard to say exactly how long I spent on the sewing. The lining fabric I found was not exactly fleece. I’m not sure what you call this fabric, but it sheds terribly. It looks like short curly hair! My craft room was a mess when I finished cutting out the pattern pieces. Cutting table
Cutting table
And as I was sewing, I would stop periodically to vacuum this stuff off the floor, the ironing board, the walls…it was everywhere. Even in my mouth. So my choice of fabric definitely added some time to the project. I will probably not choose to use this type of fabric again for quite some time, but I do like the way it looks. I’m glad I finally found a project to do with fleece!

No comments:

Post a Comment