Home My Etsy Shop

Friday, January 21, 2011

The Gift of Giving

I had checked out from the library a decorating book by Rachel Ashwell and have been looking at her web site recently, so when I discovered this book of hers, I reserved it at the library. I picked it up today and read it cover to cover. Just seeing the title and the cover photo, I assumed it would be about gift wrapping. It did include a section on wrapping gifts. But it included so much more also. The GIft of Giving
She talks about creating special gifts for people from flea market finds. Creating gifts by color or theme or culture. Her "wrapping" is not always wrapping, but some sort of extension of the gift to create a presentation. There are sections on floral displays and tea parties and just so many ways she comes up with to show people they are special to you.

It's a great book full of so many ideas! If you ever have the chance to take a look at this book, by all means do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment