Home My Etsy Shop

Friday, January 14, 2011

New Year's Resolution

It's that time again...time for the January EtsyBloggers blog carnival. The question I chose to answer this month is
It's that time of year again! What's your New Years Resolution? Do you think it's a realistic one (will you accomplish your goal)?
My goal this year is to go to the fitness center on a regular basis. Throughout the year. The entire year. For the last couple years, I've worked out early in the year very religiously for about the first two and a half months of the year. And then in mid-March, we'd go skiing for spring break. As soon as we got home, high school baseball season would start and my fitness program came to an end. And then we moved into the summer season of travel baseball and there was still no more fitness center.

My goal last year was to make it to every varsity baseball game that I could since my son was a senior and that would be my last year of high school baseball. I did not miss one inning of high school ball in 2010, but I'd work long hours on the other days to make up for the days I had to leave early for baseball. But now that Joe is off in college (and might get red-shirted), I figure I won't be going to as many baseball games as in the past. I'm going to make a sincere effort to work out three times a week. And if I miss a week, I'll get back on schedule the next week.

So far, I've done well. My first regular trip to the fitness center was 12/27. Since then, I've been nine times. I try to plan my week in advance so I know exactly what days I'll be going. My next day is tomorrow. So far, so good in going three times a week!

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of just getting back in the schedule when you miss a week. Good advice - better not to get discouraged, just get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goal! I'm pretty much doing the same thing - only right now I'm going for a Tai Chi class 2x a week and then trying to pick a fun active activity for my third one. I'm going to teach my brother to dance and we're going to try and go out twice a month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nine times is quite impressive. Good luck to you as you move forward with your fitness goal!

    ReplyDelete