Home My Etsy Shop

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tulip Pillow

Here is another of my recent projects. Being into pillows lately, I made this pillow for a tulip-loving friend's February birthday. I found a cute tulip quilt block in one of my Debbie Mumm quilting books. I've always wanted to try a real applique quilt block, so instead of doing the iron-on applique as called for in the book for the stems and leaves, I decided to applique by hand. (The colored tulips were pieced.) I've done machine applique but never by hand. This was a nice small project to get started on. My mom used to make huge applique quilts that were just beautiful. This wasn't too bad. I think I might be ready to try a slighly larger applique project someday! Tulip Pillow
Here is are closeup photos of the two quilt blocks in the pillow. Left tulip block
Right tulip block
I'm having fun making pillows and I REALLY want to use up fabric scraps, so I'll have to see what my next fabric scrap project might be. You never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment