Home My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

EtsyBloggers March Blog Carnival

The topic I chose for my March blog carnival post is "What is your favorite gemstone and why?"

My favorite gemstone is the aquamarine. I like it because a) it's my birthstone and b) I'm lucky enough to have a birthstone that I really like. I love blue/aqua/turquoise shades, so the aquamarine shade is perfect for me! I'm really glad I'm not an emerald person (May) or topaz (November). Those are just not my colors. And while diamonds are pretty, they are kind of plain. But I have the perfect birthstone (in my humble opinion)!

And today is the perfect day to tell you about my birthstone because today is my birthday! (I'm not going to tell you which one.)

I thought I'd show you some photos of aquamarines to show you why I like them so much. First off, here is my birthstone ring. I have had this many, many years and I just love it. I wear it every day. My aquamarine ring
Next, here is a strand of aquamarine beads that I bought at one of the Tucson bead shows in 2010. I haven't made the time to design the perfect necklace for these. I need to give it some thought, then make something that I will love to wear. But I have the beads...just need the time! Aquamarine beads
And finally, I don't know if this is an aquamarine or not, but it is my March birthday charm on the Brighton charm bracelet that I have. Certainly is an aquamarine color. (I got three new charms today for my bracelet...already had the one in the photo.)Brighton March charm

So while we're on the topic of birthdays, I need to share two more photos of things that made my birthday very special. My husband came home from work with these flowers, which was totally unexpected since he gave me my birthday present this morning. Birthday flower bouquet from my husband
And after I'd been home from work for a while, I got a call from a florist telling me they had delivered something to my neighbor's house today. I went to retrieve this beautiful arrangement and I had no idea who it could be from. I was very nicely surprised to find they were from one of my very best friends whom I have known since I was in the first grade.Birthday floral arrangement
What more could a person hope for on their birthday? Actually, there was one more thing I had hoped for and received. I got a call from my son, a freshman in college, wishing me a happy birthday. More than everything else, that really made my day!

2 comments:

  1. What a nice birthday! My birthstone is also the aquamarine, and I never liked it! I had a grandmother who would always give me some piece of jewelry with aquamarine every year on my birthday; manny years ago, when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, Do you like your birthstone better now? I hope so...it's more fun if you can like your birthstone. Happy belated March birthday!

    ReplyDelete