1 week ago
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Peeps Easter Wreath...In Progress
I've been playing with Peeps this weekend. Ever since I saw the cute Peeps wreath in St. Charles last weekend (see photo in this post), I've been trying to figure out how I want to make one. I've seen tutorials online and they all just use plain Peeps straight from the box. I wanted to find a way to seal mine and hope they will last longer. So I bought some Peeps and started playing. First I tried brushing on polyurethane finish. I didn't like the way that turned out. Too thick in places, took forever to dry and I couldn't get it in between the bunnies with a brush. So I got some Krylon spray matte finish. I gave the Peeps two coats of finish, front and back. I finally decided on a 12-inch grapevine wreath. And tonight I took the big step and glued the Peeps on the wreath. My first attempt is with bunnies. After I glued on the bunnies, I gave them another coat of spray finish. Tomorrow I will add a bow and it will be done! I was hoping to finish a wreath today but with church, a workout at the fitness center, grocery shopping, making a treat to take to work tomorrow for a birthday, it just didn't get finished. Here's a picture of my wreath in progress. I took this in my darker unfinished basement work area where I wanted to spray on my finish, so it's not the best or lighest of photos. But tune in tomorrow for a picture of my finished wreath!