Home My Etsy Shop

Friday, May 13, 2011

Lucite Necklace and Bracelet

After my Mother's Day pillow was finished, I was able to move on to my next project. I don't think I ever mentioned that I attended a bead show in the Kansas City area (about 5 minutes from my house!) that was held April 30th and May 1st. I didn't buy a lot, but I had some projects in mind that I had seen in magazines and always wanted to do. I bought what I needed for a new necklace and bracelet made from lucite flowers.

I spent a couple evenings this past week working on first my necklace then my bracelet. Here is my finished necklace. Lucite flower necklace
I got the idea for this last year when I saw an article in the August 2010 issue of my Bead & Button magazine. Here's a picture of the necklace in the magazine. Necklace articleI really liked the necklace, but I didn't like the colors. I don't think flowers should be brown (unless they are dead!). I loved the necklace but I knew I had to make it in spring colors.

And with the flowers I had left over, I made this bracelet.Lucite flower bracelet I got the idea from the article in the May 2011 issue of Bead Style magazine. Here is their bracelet. Lucite flower bracelet
I liked the way these turned out. I wore them with my pink floral skirt on Thursday and think they looked pretty good with it, if I do say so myself. I got a couple compliments on my jewelry that day, which is always kind of fun. I wouldn't mind making more lucite flower jewelry, but I think I need to research other sources for my flowers. These were a little more expensive than I would like to pay very often. So we'll see what else I find. There was only one vendor selling these at the bead show. Definitley worth looking around to see what kind of price I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment